Three treated for carbon monoxide at monster truck rally

Monday 14th February 2022: WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Three people who were attending a monster truck rally in Waterloo were taken to a hospital Saturday night with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Waterloo Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Ben Petersen told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier that truck exhaust was assumed to be the source of the carbon monoxide that sickened the spectators.

The three people became ill around 9 p.m. Saturday 12th February 2022 when the crowd was filing out of the National Cattle Congress complex at the end of the event. Read More…