Carbon monoxide poisoning leaves Sacramento mother and 2 children in critical condition

16th April 2024, Sacramento – A mother and her two children were all left in critical condition following a carbon monoxide poisoning incident at a Sacramento apartment complex, officials said Tuesday.

Sacramento Fire Department attend Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Incident

The Sacramento Fire Department said the woman called 911 but, when first responders arrived, she was found unconscious. This happened at around 3 p.m. along Center Parkway in south Sacramento.

The two children were between the ages of 3 and 7. All three suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and were hospitalized in critical condition.

Sacramento Fire said a gas generator was running inside the apartment unit and produced the carbon monoxide gas. Read More…

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless toxic gas. In the United States alone, the CDC states that every year carbon monoxide poisoning not linked to fires leads over one hundred thousand Americans going to the emergency room, with around 15,000 being hospitalized and more than 400 deaths.

Generators, car engines, air conditioning systems, boilers, ovens and other equipment where combustion takes place can cause carbon monoxide exposure when used incorrectly and/or in the wrong environment, or if it is not properly maintained.

Please see our simple safety advice on how to protect yourself and your loved ones from the very real dangers of carbon monoxide.

Or, click here and complete our short contact form if you or someone you know has suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and need advice on whether you may have grounds to claim compensation from those responsible.