Father & two children found dead in Muncie, Indiana home from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
29 May 2023: Muncie, Indiana— A father and his two young children were found dead from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Family members state the mother was transported to the hospital and is currently being treated for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency personnel were called to the home in the 1700 block of East Yale on Sunday for someone unresponsive. Arriving crews found an adult and two young kids unresponsive in the home. All three were pronounced dead at the scene.
Delaware County Coroner Gavin Greene identified the victims as a 1-year-old girl, a 3-year-old boy and a 24-year-old man. “While on scene, the Muncie Fire Department had high readings of carbon monoxide in the house,” Greene said in a press release issued Monday afternoon.
The family credits mom’s survival to her sleeping near an air conditioning window unit.