Yakima woman killed by carbon monoxide

AKIMA, Wash. (AP) – The autopsy on a woman found dead Saturday in a fire at her home in Yakima showed she died of carbon monoxide.

The death of 62-year-old Jerene Matta has been determined to be a homicide.

Coroner Jack Hawkins told the Yakima Herald-Republic ( http://bit.ly/1bTGzB3) she was definitely a homicide victim.

Police collected evidence from the house but haven’t identified a suspect.

Information from: Yakima Herald-Republic, http://www.yakimaherald.com