Two Americans found dead due to suspected Carbon Monoxide poisoning in Mexican luxury hotel.

14 June 2023: Two Americans were found dead in their hotel room suspected Carbon Monoxide poisoningat a luxury resort in Baja California Sur, Mexico, according to authorities.

The victims were found around 9 p.m. Tuesday at Hyatt’s Rancho Pescadero, a boutique beachfront hotel in El Pescadero, a popular surf destination between Todos Santos and Cabo San Lucas.

The bodies were found after a housekeeper knocked repeatedly without receiving an answer and heard a shower running, according to an internal police report. Hotel staffers entered the room and found the body of a woman. In the bathroom, they found the body of a man on the shower floor, the report said.

Paramedics responded to a report of unconscious hotel guests and found the two dead of suspected Carbon Monoxide poisoning, it was reported.

The victims were identified in the police report as John Heathco and Abby Lutz. According to the Baja California Sur attorney general’s office, Heathco was 41 and Lutz, a Newport Beach resident, was 28.

Read More…