Clackamas Fire responds to carbon monoxide poisoning
23 November 2020:
Crews performed patient care on four people, ventilated the structure and monitored carbon monoxide levels
An Eagle Creek resident was transported to Randall Children’s Hospital for observation after responders were dispatched to Frog Pond Lane for a report of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Around 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, Clackamas Fire arrived at the scene and found propane-powered equipment being used in an enclosed structure that lacked proper ventilation. Crews performed patient care on four people, ventilated the structure and monitored carbon monoxide levels.
AMR and the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office also responded to the scene.
“Clackamas Fire District would like to remind you that when using propane-powered equipment you should have proper ventilation,” read a news release from Clackamas Fire. “In addition, carbon monoxide alarms should be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home and in other locations where required by applicable laws, codes or standards.” Read More…
Leave a Reply