FREE LIFE SAVING INFORMATION

Get the Top ten carbon monoxide safety tips sent to your inbox:




 

Carbon Monoxide in Cigarettes

Find out about E CigarettesSmoking tobacco increases the CO content of your blood. The normal level of CO for a nonsmoker depends on background levels in the air, but it is usually between 0 and 8 parts per million. The level of CO for a smoker is usually much higher. A smoker's level of CO varies according to the time of day, the number of tobacco products smoked and how the smoke is inhaled.

 

A person who smokes a pack of cigarettes per day will commonly have a CO level of about 20 parts per million. A two-pack-a-day smoker may have a level of about 40 parts per million.

 

The good news is that after stopping smoking, the CO level will return to normal within one or two days.Health effects related to CO may vary from person to person.

 

For more information about how CO may affect you, talk with your physician.

Click this link for a Free E-Cigarette Ebook.

 

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas produced from the incomplete burning of virtually any combustible product. It may accumulate indoors as a result of tobacco smoking, poorly ventilated appliances, and attached garages.

 

Carbon Monoxide enters the blood from the lungs and combines with hemoglobin, blocking the blood's ability to carry oxygen to body cells. Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide exposure may mimic influenza and include fatigue, headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, mental confusion, and rapid heart rate. Depending on the level of exposure, Carbon Monoxide can be immediately fatal. Long-term, low-level exposure to Carbon Monoxide by pregnant women have the potential to injure the developing fetus.


Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is a small part of the air we breathe. There are many sources of Carbon Monoxide such as incinerators, car exhaust and gas furnaces.

 

When the level of CO in your blood increases, the ability of your blood to carry oxygen is decreased. It is harmful to your body at any level and it can kill you. Long-term exposure at lower levels can lead to heart disease.