According to neighbors, a car was left running in the garage of the home, and two elderly women were inside the home. When police arrived on the scene, a woman was found dead from carbon monoxide that apparently had leaked from the garage into the home. "My mother and my father was in the same clinic that they go, and I know the car was inside the garage, and the car was running," said George Jimenez. "One person was inside, and the other person the rescue took the lady, and the son just came here a little while ago and he doesn't want to talk."
The other woman was rushed to the hospital. "Because we called and called and called, and at this moment, we come here and one person was dead and the other is in the hospital," said the victims' daughter-in-law, Myra Guzman.
The owner of the house was in her late 70s and her sister was visiting. "At this time, it is still unclear how this all occurred. As you can see, this is a very active scene, and we are doing everything possible to ultimately find out what occurred here today," said Miami-Dade Police Detective Javier Baez.
The other woman was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center in Palm Beach because of it has a special hyperbaric chamber used to treat victims of carbon monoxide poisoning. She is in stable condition.
Police continue to investigate.
(Copyright 2012 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)