FREE LIFE SAVING INFORMATION

Get the Top ten carbon monoxide safety tips sent to your inbox:




 
Bookmark and Share

 

Men found in South Side home died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning

Two men who were found dead in an Englewood neighborhood home Tuesday afternoon both died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, autopsies have found.

 

Police officers conducting a well-being check Tuesday at the home on the 6200 block of South Wolcott Avenue found the bodies of Willie Billups, 68, and Tyrone Wrenn, 42.

 

The bodies were discovered about 1:15 p.m. by police conducting a well-being check after some people who were concerned because they had not seen the men recently contacted police, News Affairs Officer Darryl Baety said.

 

Officers saw the bodies through a window in the front of the home and called paramedics, Baety said.The two were both found dead on the floor of the home, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

 

Autopsies on Wednesday found that both men died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by inadequate ventilation of fossil fuel-powered heating equipment, according to the medical examiner’s office. Their deaths were ruled accidents.

 

Wentworth Area detectives are investigating

 

link to Sun Times Article

 

Bookmark and Share